Our beef products, due to the dry ageing process cook very fast. It is recommended that as soon as you see that the “juice” from the beef has a reddish brown color to remove it from the heat to the plate and let it finish cooking on the plate for 5 to 10 minutes. You can always cook it longer, but you can never “un-cook” it. Our beef products should need not other seasoning than just salt and pepper and should be prepared medium-rare to medium. The only exceptions are our roasts. The longer they are in the crock pot the better they are! If you are going to prepare them using something other than a crock pot, remember they will cook very, very fast and will dry out on you because of the “dry aging” process has reduced the “water content” by 20%.
Beef Garlic Bratwurst: This product is our solution to “hot dogs”. The seasoning has no preservatives and no MSG’s! It is all natural and as with all our “Dry Aged” products it will cook very fast. This product is not precooked. The best way to prepare them is in a pot of boiling water or brown them in a skillet on medium heat being careful not to overcook. Our kids love them with a little ketchup and we like them with horseradish and mustard!
DO NOT thaw our beef products in the microwave. Thaw in warm water or in the refrigerator before cooking.
Our “Whole Hog” pork sausage is finished out on our farm with corn, soybeans, molasses and garden vegetables. “Whole Hog” sausage means all the choice cuts (hams and the loins etc. ) of the meat are included in this sausage. The sausage is very lean. (See photos below) Because all of the choice cuts are included in the sausage the meat has a very tender, substantial texture and is perfectly moist. We believe this to be some of the best sausage we have ever had in flavor and texture. Also, it is nice to know that the feed consumed by these animals was all natural, no hormones, processed proteins etc.
None of the seasoning contain any MSG’s.
- T&E Classic Sausage (MSG Free)
- Ingredients — Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Ginger, Celery, Coriander. (This is a mild flavoring)
- Breakfast Sausage (MSG Free)
- Ingredients — Salt, Red Pepper, Sage, Sugar, Black Pepper. (This is a more traditional southern style flavor)
- Hot Italian (MSG Free)
- Ingredients — Salt, Red Pepper, Fennel, Paprika. (The seasoning is not over powering, but has a good spicy flavor)
- The David Lee Secret Blend (MSG Free) "It's got a bit of a zip to it"
- The ingredients — Well if you knew that it wouldn’t be a secret. (This seasoning has strong black pepper and ginger zip to it, excellent for you sausage gravy people and great mixed into your eggs, with a zesty finish)
Mt. Crawford Creamery
Our individual beef and pork products can be purchased at the Mt. Crawford Creamery, locally owned by the Will Family in Mt. Crawford, Virginia.
T&E Meats – True & Essential
Our USDA-inspected processor, located in Harrisonburg, Virginia, is owned and operated by Joe Cloud and Joel Salatin.